ROBERT DORAN PRACTICES EXCLUSIVELY IN LITIGATION.
Robert opened his own law firm in 1992 and moved his law practice to Surrey, British Columbia in 1999. Robert attended the University of British Columbia for his post secondary education, first studying sciences and then law, graduating with a Bachelor of Law degree in 1980. He was called to the British Columbia Bar in 1981.
Robert has an extensive legal background and has always practiced in the area of litigation. He has conducted trials and appeals in the Supreme Court of British Columbia, Court of Appeal of British Columbia and the Supreme Court of Canada. Over the years Robert has attended several continuing legal education courses to stay current in the changing landscape of law for the benefit of his clients. In addition to his training and education as a trial lawyer, Robert has also received mediation and alternate dispute resolution training. Although Robert does not practice as a mediator, his experience and education are an asset to his clients in the negotiation and settlement of disputes.
The Law Firm of Robert Doran restricts its practice to the following areas:
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Employment Law
- Shareholder and Partnership Law
- Business Law
When not practicing law, Robert is an avid reader and sports enthusiast, enjoying tennis, running, cycling, and golf.
- 1981, British Columbia
- University of British Columbia, LL.B.
- Law Society of British Columbia; Canadian Bar Association and Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Lecturer, Public Legal Education Society of British Columbia on a range of legal topics since 1986;
- Member, Human Resources Management Association of BC;
- Past Member, Kwantlen Polytechnic University Foundation, Surrey, BC;
- Past Member, White Rock South Surrey Community Foundation.
- Vancouver, British Columbia